Friday, January 15, 2010

They don't teach this in Home Ec.


I want to preface this by saying I love my son more than anything in the world, & I want to apologize to my parents. If I was half as stubborn as Bennett, I'm surprised I made it through childhood.

Sky & I try as hard as we can to make Benny as comfortable as possible, we rock him, play with him, read to him, play music, watch those silly kids shows, nothing keeps him happy for more than 45 mins to an hour. He seems to be getting bored more easily as he gets older. He is happiest when he's moving & it doesn't matter in what direction or what room we're in, so long as he's moving he's quiet. If we stop the wailing starts.

I'm looking forward to him saying words, it seems as though he is trying to say them. We will be changing his diaper or playing with a toy & he's making all sorts of noises like he wants to communicate with us, it's hard to explain but you get the idea.

We are attempting solid food feeding with him, & he's fighting us every step of the way. I never thought I would say he's more stubborn than me, it could very well be possible...God help me.

Well it's extremely late & he'll be up soon, good night. Mark.

2 comments:

  1. Oh he is so sweet! The picture is wonderful! Good luck feeding him his solids! Sonya had a rough go of it and basically stuck to her milk until she was close to a year old! Stubborn! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bennett! I too have OI - type V. I live i Denmark - very far away :-) I'm an old man now. I have three son with OI - they are all studying at university. We use wheelchairs, but the youngest onecan walk.

    God Bless
    Jørgen

    ReplyDelete